Thursday, February 6, 2014

Les volants c'est marrant (jupe à volants Burda mars 2007) / Fun with flounces (flounce skirt from Burda March 2007

Bonjour à tous / Hi everyone!

For my lovely English-speaking readers, this post is both in French and in English, as usual.

Je vous présente ma nouvelle jupe à volants issue du magazine Burda de mars 2007. Vieux mais pas vieillot! D'ailleurs il y a beaucoup de jolis modèles dans ce numéro... On peut encore les trouver sur eBay.de (à condition de parler allemand) ou peut-être d'ailleurs sur eBay France.
Here is my new flounce skirt that I made using a pattern from Burda March 2007. An oldie but a goodie! By the way there are a lot of really nice patterns in this issue... You can still get it on eBay.de (if you speak German) or maybe on eBay in your country.
 
Ne faites pas attention à mes chaussons suisses!
Please ignore my Swiss slippers!
 
Voici le magazine dont il est issu :
Here is the magazine it comes from:

 
Et une petite comparaison entre la photo de Burda et ma réalisation.
And here you can see side to side the model and my skirt.
 
 
 

Comme vous pouvez le voir sur les photos je l'ai beaucoup raccourcie. Je suis très petite (1,54 m) alors les jupes au genoux ne me vont en général pas très bien (à moins de porter des talons hauts).
Je l'ai taillée en 34 et j'ai quand même du resserrer un peu la taille mais maintenant elle est parfaite. Un petit moment de solitude quand même au moment de monter le volant car Burda a son propre langage et j'ai beau pratiquer depuis longtemps, eh ben je suis pas encore bilingue!!

As you can see on the pictures, I have shortened it quite a bit. I am very petite (about 5'') and knee-length skirts usually don't compliment my figure (unless I wear high heels). I cut it in a 34 and I still had to alter the waist to make it narrower but now it's perfect for me. Managing to sew the flounce was something of an achievement as Burda seems to have its own language and even though I've been practicing for years, I am far from been bilingual!!

Aucun problème pour sortir gracieusement de la voiture ou courir (je suis sûre que vous voyez ce que je veux dire....) et en plus elle est très féminine. Je vous la recommande!
This skirt makes it easy to exit a car graciously or to start running (and I'm sure you see what I mean...) and it's oh so feminine. It's a winner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment